Thursday 12 November 2015

About lolita trends

This week's video is another of the Lolita 52 Challenge, and this time I picked trend themed questions. I wore boystyle since I couldn't access my petticoats... Also this is a new wig, I got it for ouji. Now I have a brown, black and grey short wigs! My collection grows :D



Disclaimer: I don't really "follow" lolita trends (and never have), so I'm working with what I know since I didn't have time to do a trend research :) I rant more in the video, but here's the short answers ~

18. Trends I thought I would never get into, but now I love
- Wigs
- JSK's

19. Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
- Music note prints
- Renaissance themed prints (especially ones with big faces)

(Rant about trends I don't think I'll ever get into: sceptres and sashes)

11. Three trends I wish would come back
- Minihats!
- Fat soles shoes
- (I didn't come up with a third one...)

37. Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
- OP's
- Shiro / all-white lolita

51. Predict the next lolita trend!
- Weirder hair accessories (or accessories in general)
- Shorter hems, nontraditional cuts and materials 
- Eventual return from OTT to toned down / more natural lolita styles

So if you watched the video, you saw the random background and heard the noise. The window dudes were frolicking upstairs... It was a bit odd way to film, but I didn't want to skip two weeks in a row. :/



I'll finish the skirt tutorial when I can, but as you can see, my sewing table... kinda had a couch on it ^^' The windows are now changed and big furniture moved back to their places, but with heavy work hours, I still haven't moved all small things (clothes, books etc) back because I want to organize them well...

No comments:

Post a Comment