Wednesday 10 February 2016

DIY: 3in1 hair accessory, part two

You have seen the head band, so here is the rose :D



have a proper video tutorial on my channel, this is a complementary text + photo version since those have been requested :) This rose is big so it looks absolutely ridiculous with my real hair (since it's short, thin and purple) but with thick wigs it looks good. Still big, but this is more for OTT coords. The small bow will be for casual wear ~


For all three projects you will need:
Felt, lace (I have cotton lace for old school vibe), decoration (I picked a big rose), ribbons of different widths in the colors of your choice (I have black and gray grosgrain ribbon), pearls in different sizes and colors, clips for attaching (alligator etc) and a head band.


For the rosette thingy (aren't I professional) you will need:
Felt, marking pen, ribbons in preferred colors and widths, lace, pearls and a big decoration of you choice as well as a clip (alligator etc)
Of the photo, I didn't end up using white pearls and gray ribbon.


Cut the felt to fit the bottom f your decoration.
Mine looks a bit weird, because the rose had a clip that was REALLY glued on, I tried taking it off but man it did not move. I was afraid of breaking the rose so I made a hole for the clip ^^' This way I don't have to put a clip to the bottom either, so it worked out I guess.


Take you lace and start sewing it to the felt base. You want to make tiny folds as you go so that it opens up nicely.


Finished lace.


It's hard to see, but I also sew the small lace to the bottom so that this mini lace sits against my hair. This way I added a bit of volume to it so it looks better when worn. You can skip this part if you want to.


Attaching dangly bits! I cut my wide and narrow grosgrain ribbon and put some black pearls on a thread. I sewed them together to be ready to be attached to the big thing. PS remember to use a ligher to slightly melt your ribbon ends so they won't fray.


Aaand attach it! Here you can see how I ran out of my wide lace and used a bit of the head band lace ^^' (shh no-one will notice when it's worn and the dangly bits are on top of it so it's fine. Only the internet will know)


Hot glue time! It was impossible to take good photos but you just want to put hot glue around the felt base and plop your decoration on. I had to wiggle it a bit to get my clips through but after that, you would glue / sew the clip on. Also here you can see the small lace a bit.


Finished ~ 
I already have a tutorial for the head band part, and the mini bow tutorial will come soon.
I hope you liked it, and again the video will be more detailed ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment