Thursday 8 January 2015

Lined lolita skirt tutorial (video)

Hello! Here is a quick tutorial on how to make an easy, fully shirred skirt with a lining. Linings can be a bit annoying to make (since they double the work you have to do + lining fabric isn't free so it pumps up the cost) but sometimes it's necessary. For example my fabric was so thin and "flowy" that if I made it without lining, the skirt would have hugged every bump of my petticoats and stuck to it. Another reason for lining is see-through fabric, and I don't think I have to explain why.



This takes about 2-4 hours to make, depending on what sides you have to hem and if you have to re-do some seams. It's quite easy, I'd say a 1.5 (one being super fast and easy and five being hard and time-consuming), most of the work is easy if a bit repetitive. For a full tutorial and the pattern, check you my video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment